Google My Business Local Listings
Everyone knows how important it is for your business to show up on the first page of the search listings. Most business owners we meet with however aren’t aware that in the last few years, Google has placed a focus on local search listings. We can show you how to appear at the top of the local listings every single time someone searches, creating massive opportunities for local business growth.
What is it, and how does it work? How can it help my business?
Google My Business is a free tool that lets you manage how your business appears on Google Search and Maps. That includes adding your business name, location, and hours; monitoring and replying to customer reviews; adding photos; adding special coupons and discounts; learning where and how people are searching for you, and more.
Your Google My Business listing is a great place to focus any early SEO efforts for both a new website, or one that you have had online for a while that needs some updating/SEO work done. After all, when people search for a product or service near them, they’re usually very close to making a purchase — Research has shown us that one in two people who conduct a local search (think “watch repair near me”) visit a store that day. So it’s important the information about your business that shows up when people search Google is as accurate, complete, and as optimized as possible.
Where do listings show up in search results?
Google My Business listings show up at the top of the first page of search results, and Google will show the searcher the first 3 businesses that show up. Optimizing your listing is essentially like skipping ahead in SEO, and being able to still show up at the top of the first page of search results, WITHOUT having to pay huge fees to advertise on Google Adwords.
We can help you set up, optimize, and succeed with your listing. In fact, this is an expertise that we are very focused on, and very proud of.
What is important for optimizing a listing?
- You need to claim your listing on google.
- You need to request verification from google that your business exists, has an actual business address, and has a business phone number. (Operate from home? Ask us how you can still get a listing on here!)
- Local citations are extremely important to your positioning. The more, the better.
- Backlinks are part of the ranking algorithm. The more, the better.
- A properly optimized website helps move you up the list, as with everything.
- Adding pictures to your listing is also extremely important.
- Post, and stay active on your listing!
Contact us today. Let us help you show up at the top of Google’s search results, and get your phone ringing!